Sunday, September 20, 2009

recommended for a sunny sunday


If you, like me, sometimes find yourself paralyzed by the possibilities for a sunny Sunday in NYC, I'll offer some inspiration from my itinerary yesterday: tacos de desayuno (we got ours at Elote) followed by a walk to The Open at Deitch Projects in Long Island City.


It pretty much involves walking along McGuiness Blvd across the bridge to Queens, and hooking over towards the water.

Depending on your exact route, you might pass the Titanic Museum (click)--though the curator wasn't home yesterday when we stopped by,

and then heading all the way to the water where you'll have a dazzling view of the U.N. and the rest of the city. Or you could just swing up in your sailboat.

Here's a little preview of what you can look forward to.

tomatoes and sunflowers growing outside,

a cool, quiet, towering, sun-filled gallery inside,

coyotes prowling--I dreamt last night they were made of tin foil, (There are live animals too, but I won't tell you what kind.)



and a moonlit cakewalk.

We stopped for a beer on Vernon Blvd. before hitching the G back home. This spot (click) was closed for a private party, but if I was doing it all over again today--with you, for example, I might check it out. Happy trails, Eid, Rosh Hashanah, and, of course, Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment