Sunday, April 19, 2009

sunday in the sky: Brisbane-LA-NYC

Here we go. I mailed a postcard from this mailbox outside the airport in Brisbane, Australia before I took off Sunday (yesterday?) morning.
Come fly with me.

Brisbane.
Many hours of writing and reading elapse until...

The ultimate luxury: morning California light.

A rosy fog blanket rolling back from the Pacific.

The Channel Islands.

L.A.

Just call me angel of the morning, angel.

Then slowly turn away.
Taking off for New York: look closely for our shadow on the Pacific.


Maybe the Colorado River. I can't say for sure.

Snow still hanging, I believe, on the Rockies.

The Great Plains.

The Atlantic.

East Coast of the USA.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jen,
    I have been enjoying your vacation with you and hearing your voice telling me so many stories outside of your beautiful photos. Your writing is wonderfully you and full of living. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself.
    Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you. This is what the blog is for. I'm so happy it's reaching you! I wish we could dig in the garden with you on Earth Day.

    ReplyDelete