Sunday, February 22, 2009

reset


As I drove through Central Park at the wheel of my convertible, I felt myself bathed in a flickering light, like that of a fluorescent bulb emitting a series of livid, blinking flashes before it turns on fully.
Italo Calvino, The Daughters of the Moon

Someone on NPR the other day talked about the financial crisis as a chance for New York City to press "reset."
Italo Calvino painted a picture of what that might look like on a cosmic level in "The Daughters of the Moon," (click to read for free) which appeared in this week's New Yorker.


Here's a photo of the full moon outside my kitchen window a week ago. I read once that as it wanes from full to new, we're supposed to think about what we want to change in anticipation of the new month ahead. The new one is just a couple of days away, so get ready for reset...

No comments:

Post a Comment