Monday, December 21, 2009

baby, it's cold outside


I was really looking forward to another Caribbean Christmas (click), but it seems, at the last minute, that it isn't in the cards this year.


For a day or two, I was excited about staying in Brooklyn. I listened to Petula Clark sing "Baby It's Cold Outside" at least 20 times.


I walked around, admiring Christmas lights.


My favorite, a fox in the snow.


I baked peppermint and peanut butter kisses for a party (while listening to Petula Clark.)


I donned a festive and shimmering gold sweater for said parties.


And tromped cheerily through the snow to arrive.

And then, I thought, "Baby, it is cold outside," and briefly considered stowing away on a container ship (click).



I found myself feeling more, "Fox in the Snow" than Petula Clark, and then I thought...don't I have a half a ticket to L.A. leftover from this spring? As it turns out, I do. So I bought the other half, and now this fox is getting out of the snow, headed to San Clemente for a few days in the waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment