Thursday, February 28, 2008

favorite

One of my favorite people asked me yesterday what my favorite time of day was. I said dusk, but I may reconsider to say the the time pictured here, just a few moments before dusk.

This is one of my favorite spots ever. It's where you'll end up if you keep driving up up up a dirt road above Whale Bay, Raglan. One day after a rip-roaring afternoon session at Bunny Beach I drove up here myself while Mr. Black was still tearing it up at Whale Bay.

At the end of the path is a little lookout where you can see just how very high you are.

Good place to gain a little perspective.


Looks like you can see the curvature of the earth, right?

Favorites. Driving to the top of a dirt road by myself after a day of two bum-kicking surf-attempting sessions in my grey hooded sweatshirt over a just-dried bikini moments before dusk in a golden field thousands of feet above the sea. This is a favorite.

Come to think of it, this is what I came for.

No comments:

Post a Comment