Tuesday, November 4, 2008

election day


Reporting live from the end of the line...

CUNY assigned me to cover the end of the line in Queens in September.
So today I'm pounding the pavement out there again...went with Jagir Singh-Bains, 76, a new citizen and first-time voter, for a story a few hours ago. Now I'm about to head to the Democratic Headquarters to watch the results come in.

Here's a photo from the last stop on the F-Train, where Jagir picked me up today to accompany him to the polls.
What I've found here over the last couple of months is sort of like an American Atlantis...a mythical land where middle-class people of all colors and religions run small businesses in relative harmony.

The candidates kept talking about Main Street. Maybe this is what it looks like.



No comments:

Post a Comment